From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up: Several kernel versions have severe EXT4 data corruption bug
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 20:11:53
1 Pandu Poluan wrote:
4 > On Oct 25, 2012 10:08 AM, "Michael Mol" <mikemol@×××××.com
5 > <mailto:mikemol@×××××.com>> wrote:
8 > > http://lwn.net/Articles/521022/
9 > >
10 > > Links to relevant analysis. Useful comments. 'nuff said.
11 > >
12 > > --
13 > > :wq
14 >
15 > Nice find, thanks. But the update to that article which gave a link to
16 > Theo T'so email is quite unnerving. He said that his initial
17 > hypothesis had not been proven and he himself is back in the dark.
18 >
19 > Not much confidence in ext4 for the time being for me. Back to
20 > reiserfs? ;-)
21 >
22 > Rgds,
23 > --
27 Or just don't update the kernel until it is fixed. After all, if the
28 kernel you are using works and is not a serious security problem, just
29 use it for a while. They will fix it pretty soon I'm sure.
30
31 Dale
32
36 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!