From: Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PHP upgrade breaks Squirrelmail
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:19:42
1 On Monday 30 January 2006 22.35, Ryan Tandy wrote:
2 > Dan Johansson wrote:
3 > >On Monday 30 January 2006 15.35, ellotheth rimmwen wrote:
4 > >>On 1/29/06, Dan Johansson <Dan.Johansson@×××.nu> wrote:
5 > >>>Fatal error: Call to undefined function ctype_print()
6 > >>>in
7 > >>>/var/www/localhost/htdocs/squirrelmail/plugins/gpg/gpg_hook_functions.ph
8 > >>>p on line 842
9 > >>
10 > >>Did you compile PHP5 with support for the character type functions
11 > >>(USE="ctype")?
12 > >
13 > >Now I have (;-) But I get the same result.
17 > >Do I miss an USE-flag for ctype_print() to function correctly?
18 > >
19 > >Regards,
20 >
21 > Try re-merging Squirrelmail so it can link against the new php build.
22
23 Did not help. (:-(
24
25 The error does not seem to be Squirrelmail - but the PHP5 ebuild. I created a
26 small php-script like this:
27 <?php
28 echo ctype_print("Dan Johansson");
29 ?>
30
31 If I execute this on the commendline like this "php <x.php" it works, but if I
32 access the file through apache it does not. To further investigate I changed
33 my script to:
34
35 <?php
36 phpinfo();
37 ?>
38
39 and behold, in the "apache output" it says in the "Configure Command"
40 --disable-ctype and in the "commandline output" it says "ctype functions =>
41 enabled"
42
43 I'm now going to look into the ebuild to see why PHP5 builds the cli and
44 apache2 parts differently.
47 Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
49 This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!