From: Bob Wya <bob.mt.wya@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SMART drive test results, 2.0 for same drive as before.
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 16:01:32
1 It would be far better to use Spinrite (like I mentioned before) - to allow
2 a really low level access to the drive. While Spinrite is running the HDD
3 will not be able to automatically relocate sectors. I've been blown away
4 how effective this piece of software is - even when run with (apparently)
5 very knackered Maxtor drives!! It was like they were brought back from the
6 dead...