From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Renaming tons of files
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 17:42:09
1 On Wednesday 27 February 2008, Galevsky wrote:
2 > On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 4:40 PM, Erik <esigra@×××××.com> wrote:
3 > > Amar Cosic skrev:
4 > >
5 > > emerge kde-misc/krename and see if it is useful to you.
6 >
7 > emerging extra stuff just for a very simple mv or rename ? Oh my God
8 > .....
9
10 The download is 82kB.
11 The build is < 30 seconds
12
13 I shudder to think of the number of times I've written a script to do
14 exactly this job, how many times I've seen this exact question on many
15 mailing lists and the sheer frustration of dealing with all the edge
16 cases. THIS emerge is infinitely cheaper than other way to do the same
17 job.
18
19 And it's not A rename the OP wants to do - check the thread title
22 Alan McKinnon
23 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
26 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list