From: "Sebastian Günther" <samson@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] corrupted start-up services (and file-system)
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 07:52:01
1 * Alan McKinnon (alan.mckinnon@×××××.com) [20.04.09 01:21]:
2 > On Monday 20 April 2009 01:03:59 Liviu Andronic wrote:
3 > > Hello all,
4 > > I have a (nasty) issue with the system start-up, and probably with
5 > > corrupted file-system. On start-up, I get several error messages (see
6 > > below). I suspect I started having these messages after Gentoo crashed
7 > > once, but I couldn't recall the actual circumstances.
8 > > The problem is that, for example, MPD will not remember it's last
9 > > state before shutdown, and will be unable to recover the it's last
10 > > state. I have no idea where to start correcting the issue; any ideas
11 > > welcome.
12 > > Thanks,
13 > > Liviu
14 > >
15 > > Start-up messags:
16 > > ln: accessing `/var/lib/init.d/started/rmnologin': Permission denied
17 >
18 > That's a very unusual location for init scripts. Did you put them there,
19 > instead of in the more usual /etc/init.d/?
22 That's not the init script dir. that's svcdir in baselayout 1. It is
23 used to save the state of the init scripts. So it is natural that the
24 init process accesses it.
25
26 > {snip}
27 >
28 > > lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 2009-04-19 17:32 keymaps -> /etc/init.d/keymaps
29 > > ?????????? ? ? ? ? ? laptop_mode
30 >
31 > This is almost certainly disk corruption. Boot from a CD and do an fsck on all
32 > disk volumes
35 And I must stress this: check all your filesystems.
36
37 Sebastian
40 " Religion ist das Opium des Volkes. " | _ ASCII ribbon campaign
41 Karl Marx | ( ) against HTML e-mail
42 SEB@STI@N GÜNTHER | X against M$ attachments
43 mailto:samson@××××××××××××××××.de | / \ www.asciiribbon.org