From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Tether a Google Nexus One?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 23:55:51
1 On Tue, 3 May 2011 23:03:50 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > > I never tried tethering mine over USB, because the WiFi tethering is
4 > > so simple to use. You just turn it on and the phone appears as an
5 > > access point in Wicd (or any inferior network manager you may
6 > > masochistically prefer).
7 >
8 > What? Like iwconfig sort of thing? Or are we talking advanced
9 > automation sutff stuff like /etc/init.d/net.wlan0 and
10 > /etc/wpa_supplciant/wpa_supplicant.conf? LOL
11
12 I'm talking about post-stoneage stuff, not druidware :)
13
14 BTW I was too hasty in my reply, seeing the Nexus but not the One. My
15 experience is with a Nexus S, but as both use vanilla android, it should
16 be equally easy.
17
18 My phone is rooted, but this worked instantly before it was rooted.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 Keep your words soft and sweet in case you have to eat them.