From: "Korondi Márk" <korondi.mark@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE programs starts slowly
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 12:02:40
1 Thank you for the promptly answer,
2
3 > usually this is a not correctly set up /etc/hostname
4 hmmm... during the install the gentoo-hanbook doesn't say me to set it up. I
5 write my hostname in it, restart kde, but it didn't solve my problem.
6
7 > well, I do not get this warning and KDE is very fast.
8 > why -nls?
9 :-) I always get these messages, because I'm Hungarian and use linux's with
10 locale settings, such
11 LANG="en_US.ISO-8859-2"
12 LC_ALL="en_US.ISO-8859-2".
13 Otherwise on frugalware we also get this message.
14 KDE _was_ very fast on this computer, too, so it's not a problem
15
16 > why -nls?
17 why nls? (I use it on English)
18
19 > kill kdm and rm all the ICE, ksycoca and .dcop .X11-blabla stuff?
20 I don't use kdm. Probably it's the problem? ;-)
21 After rm -R /tmp/* the problem isn't solved... :-(
22 --
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list