From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED... THE HARD WAY] Major problems with libpcre / UTF8
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2022 15:04:38
1 On Wed, Dec 28, 2022 at 10:12:51AM +1100, Paul Colquhoun wrote
2
3 > Did you try the not quite so hard "emerge --emptytree -a world" first?
4
5 Yes; that was one of my attempts to fix the problem.
8 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
9 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
10 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
11 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.