From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] flask up/downgrade problem/question
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2021 16:50:56
1 Doing my usual emerge update this morning, portage insisted on
2 downgrading several python packages, including flask.    It seems that
3 flask-migrate was recently upgraded from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1, but it's DEPEND
4 for flask was changed from >=flask-0.9 to <flask-2.  I've created a
5 local copy with the depend modified to >=flask-2, and it emerged with no
6 error (also re-upgrading the other downgraded packages) but I have no
7 idea whether I'm in for some later problems because of this.
8
9 I don't think a bug is in order, since the change seemed intentional,
10 but I'd love to understand the reasoning.
11
12 Thanks for any pointers or background.
13
14 Jack