From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ZFS
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 04:03:04
1 >>> Any controller that claims RAID10 on a server with 6 drive bays should
2 >>> be able to put all six drives in an array. But you'll get a three-way
3 >>> stripe (better performance) instead of a three-way mirror (better fault
4 >>> tolerance).
5 >
6 > I forget why I even brought it up. I think it was in order to argue that
7 > 4 drives w/ spare is more tolerant that 6 drives in RAID10. To make that
8 > argument, we need to be clear about what "RAID10" means.
9
10 I'm extremely glad you did. Otherwise I would have booted my new
11 hardware RAID server and been very disappointed.
12
13 - Grant