From: Joost Roeleveld <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Using multiple languages in XFCE (and the console)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 10:21:00
1 On Sun, February 15, 2009 12:10 am, list-catcher wrote:
2 >
3 > I'm taking an online Spanish course which requires the use of accented
4 > vowels along with the ñ character. Right now I'm forced to cut and
5 > paste these letters when I need them but that's slowly driving me
6 > insane. Is there a way I can use a control or alt key along with the
7 > vowel (or n) to make the appropriate accented version? Is there
8 > another way to handle this?
9
10 I had a similar problem with my Chinese course until I came across "scim"
11
12 http://www.scim-im.org
13
14 As far as I can tell, it works with nearly all X-programs.
15 If you use KDE, also emerge 'skim', it integrates quite nicely.
16
17 It's in the default portage-tree.
20 Joost