From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Anyone have any trouble with rc_parallel="YES" ?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:41:53
1 -original message-
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone have any trouble with rc_parallel="YES" ?
3 From: Jesús J. Guerrero Botella <jesus.guerrero.botella@×××××.com>
4 Date: 2011-07-19 15:02
5
6 >2011/7/19 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>:
7 >> Spelunking in /etc/rc.conf, I found the rc_parallel setting,
8 >> accompanied with a quite significant WARNING.
9 >>
10 >> Have anyone experienced any trouble setting rc_parallel to "YES"?
11 >
12 >Obviously, the answer to this is "YES". If no one had a problem with
13 >this, first, there wouldn't be a warning; and second, it would be
14 >enabled by default. Sure that some people use it without much problem,
15 >but if you enable it, be sure to keep it in your mind that you enabled
16 >it, and disable it if you have problems before opening any bug report
17 >having to do with system services and/or the init process.
18
19 You indeed are pedantically correct :-)
20
21 If I may rephrase my question, I'd write: Have anyone in this list experienced any trouble setting rc_parallel to 'yes' ;-)
22
23 >In any case, placebo effects aside as always, all you'll gain from
24 >this will be a couple of seconds.
25
26 In my case, I have to start eth0 to eth5 (yes, 6 eth's), and the speedup is quite significant :-)
29 Rgds,
30 --
31 FdS Pandu E Poluan
32 ~ IT Optimizer ~