From: Christopher Kurtis Koeber <ckoeber@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Partial net access
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2007 04:08:17
1 Have you looked at what is different between the gentoo system that can
2 access everything and the one that can't?
3
4 I recommend doing an ifconfig in a terminal on each gentoo system and
5 compare each of them. Also check and see if there isn't any firewall rules
6 that can be blocking access.
7
8 Regards,
9 Christopher Koeber
10
11 -----Original Message-----
12 From: sean [mailto:tech.junk@×××××××.net]
13 Sent: Monday, March 26, 2007 3:39 PM
14 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
15 Subject: [gentoo-user] Partial net access
16
17 On my home network I have three systems,
18 two Gentoo,
19 -192.168.0.11
20 -192.168.0.20
21 one Windows,
22 -dhcp
23 network printer,
24 -192.168.0.10
25 Palm Pilot
26 -dhcp
27
28 and all this goes through my router and out to the Internet.
29 All in this manner work fine.
30
31 The .11 and the Windows system can both ping each other and ping and use
32 the printer.
33 The .10 can ping the router, and access the Internet, but cannot ping
34 .11, Windows, or the printer.
35
36 The Palm pilot can ping all, and access the Internet.
37
38 What I am trying to figure out is why .20 cannot ping and access the
39 printer.
40
41 Is anyone able to give me some ideas on what to check?
42
43 Thanks
44 Sean
45 --