From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "lvm failed to start"
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2012 16:12:15
1 On Saturday 07 Apr 2012 16:28:39 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 11:38:40 +0100
3 >
4 > Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
5 > > On Sat, 7 Apr 2012 02:47:41 -0600, Carlos Sura wrote:
6 > > > > The problem is that it is trying to write to /var/lock, which is
7 > > > > on / at this point, rather than /run/lock, which is on a
8 > > > > writeable tmpfs.
9 > > >
10 > > > I got this error, and saw a bugfile on Gentoo, just downgrade to
11 > > > your previous working version and you will get it working again.
12 > >
13 > > That bug report also showed the correct solution. There's no need to
14 > > downgrade, just change the locking_dir location from /var/lock
15 > > to /run/lock. Not only is this simpler and faster, it means another
16 > > update can't cause the same problem.
17 >
18 > So this makes the how many'eth time you've posted this exact same
19 > information to the list this week?
20
21 I think Neil makes generous allowances for those of us with volatile memory
22 and needs of frequent reboots! ;-)
23 --
24 Regards,
25 Mick