From: Daniel Pielmeier <billie@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] New bugzilla has broken search?
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 07:40:14
1 2011/3/29 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>:
2 > Either I'm doing something wrong, or the new bugzilla version at
3 > bugs.gentoo.org really sucks at searching. Let's for example go here:
4 >
5 > http://bugs.gentoo.org/query.cgi?format=specific
6 >
7 > and select "All" for "Status". Then search for "kde-base/kdelibs". It takes
8 > a *lot* of time to complete, and worse, it returns a hell of a lot of
9 > results that have nothing whatsoever to do with the search query.
10 >
11 > Did no one else notice?
12
13 AFAIK, this is because the search defaults to not only query summaries
14 but also comments, so you get a lot of unrelated results. I think
15 there is a bug open about it. In the meantime you can use the advanced
16 search.
19 Daniel Pielmeier