From: Dale <dalek1967@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] A few questions on trying to install
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 09:34:37
1 Dirk Heinrichs wrote:
2 > Dale schrieb:
5 >> Just to add something from experience, if you plan to use XFS, make sure
6 >> you have a UPS. XFS, at least in my experience, does not like power
7 >> failures.
10 > Not my experience, though. Never had any problems with XFS due to power
11 > failure.
12 >
13 > Bye...
14 >
15 > Dirk
16 >
17 > BTW: No need to quote everything.
20 There may have been improvements in the past couple years but I had
21 Mandriva installed with XFS and 2 out of 2 installs died after a power
22 failure. I have read of others having the same thing to happen to
23 them. I switched back to ext3 and reiserfs and they seem to handle
24 power failures better at least. Just that little fs check at next boot up.
25
26 Your mileage may vary tho.
27
28 Dale