From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trouble on the horizon!
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2018 18:24:23
1 On Monday, September 24, 2018 2:42:49 PM CEST Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 180924 Alan Grimes wrote:
3 > > Whatever SJWs touch, DIES.
4 > > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5VvJiNUCIA
5 > > https://itsfoss.com/linux-code-of-conduct/
6 > > https://lulz.com/linux-devs-threaten-killswitch-coc-controversy-1252/
7 >
8 > I read the texts via LWN. Linus has been the sergeant-major
9 > who has to yell at the troops sometimes, when they get sloppy.
10 > He's a brilliant software engineer & generally knows how to herd cats.
11 >
12 > The problem seems to have arisen when he arranged a family holiday
13 > which clashed with an important Linux conference
14 > & irritated a lot of important people in the corporate Linux world.
15 > He's 48 yo & beginning to age a bit & it's no threat to anyone
16 > if he's decided to take a break for a few kernel cycles.
17 > I did note in a msg to this list earlier this year (2018)
18 > that there had been no kernel stabilised by Gentoo since spring 2017,
19 > which suggested there had been some decline in kernel quality.
20
21 Gentoo-sources-4.14.65 is stable in the tree. Which is quite recent.
22
23 Which are you referring to?
26 Joost