From: "emerge.gentoo" <emerge.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rpm-4.4.6-r3 install error
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 05:48:27
1 I tried to emerge the r4 version of the same package and got same error as
2 before.
3
4 On 05/09/07, Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za> wrote:
5 >
6 > On Wednesday 05 September 2007, emerge.gentoo wrote:
7 >
8 > Your problems start here (line 10 of the output you posted), and just
9 > gets worse from there:
10 >
11 > > rpmdav.c:526: error: `ne_propfind_handler' undeclared (first use in
12 > > this function)
13 >
14 > This package is package.masked since 16 Jan 2007 (!) for testing by the
15 > developer, so you should submit the bug report to him/her to fix these
16 > compile errors.
17 >
18 > It doesn't surprise me that it has been masked for so long, it must be a
19 > rare system indeed that has rpm installed on a portage box :-)
20 >
21 > Why don't you emerge 4.4.6-r4 instead, which is keyworded ~ on all
22 > arches?
23 > or 4.4.6-r3 which is stable on all arches
24 >
25 > alan
29 > --
30 > Optimists say the glass is half full,
31 > Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
32 > Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
33 >
34 > Alan McKinnon
35 > alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
36 > +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
37 > --
38 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list