From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrading to gcc 4.1: emerge -e world required?
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 08:09:56
1 On Sat, 27 May 2006 07:54:44 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
2
3 > > and KDE continued to
4 > > work.
5 >
6 > Not here.
7
8 I've had a few strange errors since posting that. Like one from Konqueror
9 when trying to load a page, which then loaded perfectly on the next try.
10
11 > > Maybe i've not run one of the affected programs.
12 >
13 > > Re-emerging
14 > > *everything* to fix a KDE problem seems like knee-jerk overkill.
15 >
16 > Well, but that's what's suggested.
17
18 I think I'll pass on that one. Rebuilding all of KDE will take long
19 enough, but it seems prudent, I'm certainly not going to spend 16+ hours
20 rebuilding OOo if I don't need to.
21
22 > Anyway, it's plain wrong that NOTHING has to be done after upgrading
23 > to gcc 4.1.1. Maybe an "emerge -e world" is required. And an "emerge
24 > -e world" is *very* *much* from doing nothing...
25
26 Absolutely. The GWN posting was clearly optimistic :(
30 Neil Bothwick
31
32 This man is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot