From: Daniel Pielmeier <daniel.pielmeier@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] something is filling up the filesystem
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:34:54
1 Pupino schrieb am 30.11.2008 02:15:
2 > Hi all,
3 > i noticed a strange behaviour on my macine recently.
4 > Something is continuously filling up my root partition at a speed near
5 > 1k per minute.
6 > I have just few programs running and none of them should save that
7 > much information on the disk.
8 > Now the problem is that i have absolutely no idea of where to start to
9 > investigate.
10 > Anyone have ever got a similar problem?
11 > Thanks to all,
12 > Davide
15 First I would try to search for files that have changed recently and
16 than try to find out which program writes to them.
17
18 find / -mmin -10
19
20 Lists files whose content has changed in the last ten minutes.