From: Florian Philipp <lists@××××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Migration from single to dual core
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 15:20:34
1 On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 00:14 +1000, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2
3 > So it's back to the old threads about whether 64 bits is superior to
4 > 32, etc. My question now is, given that the system is working damned
5 > well now, what is the best way to handle this: recompile everything?
6 > Should I recompile gcc and the libraries and all compilers.
9 In case I didn't understand you correctly in my first response and you
10 really want to migrate from 64bit to 32 or vice versa, then I must say,
11 that's not possible without a full reinstall.