From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: gcc upgrade
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 05:01:09
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:50 PM, Dale<rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Valmor de Almeida wrote:
5 >>
6 > <SNIP>
7 >
8 >>> So emerge -evp is useful to get those last inconsistencies out of the
9 >>> system.
10 >>>
11 >>> --
12 >>> Valmor
13 >>>
14 >>>
15 >>>
16 >> You can add this option to help with those: --with-bdeps y I consider it
17 >> -D on steroids. I actually added it to make.conf so that I don't have to
18 >> type it in each time.
19 >>
20 >> Dale
21 >>
22 > Good catch Dale. I have it in make.conf also
23 >
24 > - Mark
28 I was the second one to catch that tho. I think it was Alan that told
29 me that when I ran into a similar issue. After a bit we figured out
30 that it was a really deep dependency that was causing me grief. It does
31 take portage longer to calculate dependencies when you add that tho.
32 That little swirling thing goes at it for a while when I do my updates.
33 Then again, it has a lot to think about:
34
35 Packages installed: 946
36 Packages in world: 78
37 Packages in system: 50