From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] World file problems (more)
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:33:39
1 Michael W. Holdeman wrote:
2 > OK since there are world file experts out there..
3 >
4 > A while back I was playing around with cvs and svn versions of kde, long story
5 > short they are there anymore, and as far as I can tell the files are gone,
6 > but portage thinks they are still there which really screws up my
7 > revdep-rebuild and emerge depclean's. I can't even get rid of them in kuroo,
8 > in fact kuroo shows the files are still installed?
9 >
10 > how do I get rid of these "ghosts"
13 Well, if portage thinks a package is installed, then normally you can simply unmerge it. If the unmerge fails for some reason (normally it won't fail), then you can manually remove it from the /var/db/pkg database, but it will leave behind orphaned files.
14
15 Zac
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list