From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] has the sun set ?
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2015 07:40:46
1 On Mon, 1 Jun 2015 00:06:44 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
2
3 > Yesterday, while doing my weekly system update, I encountered a msg :
4 >
5 > !!! The following installed packages are masked:
6 > - media-libs/lcms-1.19-r1::gentoo (masked by: package.mask)
7 > /usr/portage/profiles/package.mask:
8 > # Matthias Maier <tamiko@g.o> (27 May 2015)
9 > # on behalf of Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o>
10 > # media-libs/lcms:0 has serious security issues and is unmaintained,
11 > # see bug 526642. Please uninstall it and/or upgrade to
12 > media-libs/lcms:2
13 >
14 > I looked at the bug, which explains the reason for dropping Lcms:0 .
15 >
16 > Unfortunately, Kde-Sunset appears to require Lcms:0 for Libmng:0 ,
17 > which is required by Qt-Meta:3 & which aren't included in Kde-Sunset
18 > itself. For now, I can simply ignore the warning, but it looks
19 > as if it wb no longer possible to install Kde-Sunset on a new machine.
20
21 qt-meta is not provided by portage, you need to use an overlay for that
22 too.
23
24 > I realise Gentoo itself doesn't provide support for Kde-Sunset,
25 > but does anyone know of a way round this obstacle or have other advice ?
26
27 You can install lcms:0 from the wmt overlay - eix -R is your friend here,
28 but depending on libraries with known security holes is a risk that only
29 you can decide is worth taking.
32 -
37 Neil Bothwick
38
39 You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to
40 skydive twice.