From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Wildcards in /etc/group
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 21:22:37
1 Hi group,
2
3 I administrate a gentoo box, that authenticates with ldap.
4 Authentication works fine, and the ldap server is giving my user an uid
5 and one gid : 1000(Domain Users) in my case. I have NO access to the
6 ldap server.
7
8 I want now, on this local machine, that everybody, who can login, is in
9 another group, maybe "audio". I can add certain ldap users to the
10 /etc/group file, which is respected. So my ldap user is in the local
11 wheel group, too.
12
13 But how can I do this for every other user? /etc/group does not seem
14 accept wildcard users, or group names. How can I do this, without
15 touching the ldap server? Is there a pam module, which can do this?
18 Thank you,
19 Sascha