From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: The NVIDIA/Kernel fiasco -- is it safe to sync yet?
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 02:07:29
1 On Mon, 26 Aug 2013 08:02:32 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 26/08/2013 03:52, »Q« wrote:
5 > >> I doubt your wiki page idea will work, it will be just accurate
6 > >> enough
7 > >> > to look like it might work and just inaccurate enough to be
8 > >> > useless. Which brings you back to the previous paragraph - try
9 > >> > emerge nvidia-drivers and if it fails then don't use that kernel.
10 > > I was unclear to the point of being misleading. I'm sorry.
11 > >
12 > > The wiki idea is only for a page which tells which
13 > > kernel/nvidia-drivers combinations the Gentoo nvidia-drivers
14 > > maintainers support. And by "support", I mean they'll look into
15 > > bugs and fix build problems if they're able to. This is exactly
16 > > the info I'm grepping out of ewarn messages in their ebuilds now.
19 > That list is the list of kernels that nVidia supports, which is easy
20 > to find.
21
22 Where? AIUI from reading various threads about this, sometimes that
23 info can be found in nVidia's developer web forum, but I've never been
24 able to find it there. nVidia's READMEs give a minimum kernel version,
25 but no max.