From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] 2.6.30 and reiserfs?
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 00:25:48
1 > I am using reiserfs just for my squid-cache nevertheless
2 > after I booted
3 > 2.6.30-r4 on an amd64 system, I couldn't create any files on that
4 > partition. Is there a way to convert the partition to work or
5 > do I really have to change filesystems?
6
7 I had some weirdness with .30 and reiser. I was using .30 sucessfully for a few days, then had to hard reset but reiser had problems mounting on reboot. I tried booting .30 twice with no luck. Booted .29 and it worked fine - in fact no messages about the filesystem at all - it just loaded normally. I didn't bother persuing it because I had read about similar issues with .30 (IIRC on this list) and figured it was probably a kernel bug....