From: Arkady Grudzinsky <grudziar.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Apache with SSL
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:37:13
1 Hi,
2
3 I have recently emerged Apache-2.0.54. Unencrypted connection on port
4 80 works fine. Then I tried to configure port 443. I added a virtual
5 host in /etc/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf which contains statement
6 "SSLEngine on". I started to get the following:
7
8 > /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
9 * Apache2 has detected a syntax error in your configuration files:
10 Syntax error on line 59 of /usr/lib/apache2/conf/vhosts/vhosts.conf:
11 Invalid command 'SSLEngine', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a
12 module not included in the server configuration
13
14 Then I noticed that /etc/apache2/conf/apache2.conf never mentions
15 mod_ssl.so in any LoadModule statements. Besides, mod_ssl.so file
16 does not exist in /usr/lib/apache2/modules.
17
18 It seems that SSL support should have been compiled with Apache:
19
20 > emerge -vp apache
21
22 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
23
24 Calculating dependencies ...done!
25 [ebuild R ] net-www/apache-2.0.54-r9 +berkdb -doc +gdbm +ipv6
26 -ldap (-selinux) +ssl -static -threads 0 kB
27
28 Total size of downloads: 0 kB
29
30 What should I do to get mod_ssl.so in modules directory?
31 This is my first attempt to configure Apache with SSL, so, I may be
32 missing something basic. Your help will be highly appreciated.
33
34 Thanks.
35
36 Arkady.