From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: usb stick autodiscovery
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 19:46:00
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 20:35 on Tuesday 26 October 2010, James did
2 opine thusly:
3
4 > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > > emerge -avuND world
6 >
7 > rebuild everything related to kde-base.
8 >
9 > Device notifier is back, but you have to click
10 > on the icon (on the panel bar) to get it to
11 > 'pop up' the app. On all the other system it does
12 > this automatically. Device Notifier configured
13 > the same on all system.....
14
15 configured the same - do you mean when you get with right-click tray-icon ->
16 Device Notifier Settings?
17
18 > I cannot find witch ebuild has (plasmoid?) device notifier in it.
19 > part of knotify?....dunno....?
20
21 I beleive it's /usr/lib64/kde4/plasma_applet_devicenotifier.so which is in
22 plasma-workspace:
23
24 $ equery belongs /usr/lib64/kde4/plasma_applet_devicenotifier.so
25 * Searching for /usr/lib64/kde4/plasma_applet_devicenotifier.so ...
26 kde-base/plasma-workspace-4.5.2
27 (/usr/lib64/kde4/plasma_applet_devicenotifier.so)
30 There's nothing in that ebuild to indicate conditionals or DEPENDs.
31
32 near the top of CMake builds you will find a list of all the stuff the build
33 system found to support and what it didn't. Is that list the same on all
34 machines?
38 > USE flags:
39 >
40 > USE="mmx mmxext sse sse2 sse3 3dnow 3dnowext \
41 > X alsa amd64 avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli crypt cups \
42 > -arts dbus dlloader dri dvdr eds elibc_glibc emboss encode esd fam \
43 > fortran gdbm gif gnome gpm gstreamer gtk gtk2 hal dvd wireshark wddx \
44 > input_devices_keyboard input_devices_mouse ipv6 jpeg kde vdr sockets \
45 > kernel_linux ldap libg++ mad mikmod mp3 mpeg ncurses nls nptl nptlonly \
46 > ogg opengl oss pam pcre pdflib perl png ppds pppd python qt3 qt4 quicktime
47 > \ readline reflection sdl session spell spl ssl truetype truetype-fonts \
48 > type1-fonts udev unicode userland_GNU vorbis xml xorg xv java slp \ dvb
49 > a52 aac aalib asf dts flac v4l v4l2 vcd win32codecs real x264 \ ffmpeg
50 > xvid acpi divx jack tiff mplayer usb ppds mjpeg lm_sensors xine \ libcaca
51 > mng snmp imagemagick wmf dvdread lzo bl syslog css musepack \ async
52 > gimpprint logitech-mouse mysql postgres gd pcre png dv zvbi \ gmedia
53 > realmedia wmp aiglx pdf seamonkey live theora mozdevelop svg \ mp4 wav
54 > examples source cddb corba apache2 tk jpeg2k gs pvr nsplugin xvmc \ webkit
55 > qt3support sql \
56 > corefonts wma gnutls "
57 >
58 > http://reviewboard.kde.org/r/3895/diff/
59 >
60 > Maybe this is my problem? I've rebuild the entire kde/base collection.
64 > Ideas?
67 > James
70 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com