From: Akater <nuclearspace@×××××.com>
To: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be>, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Would unmerging xorg-server certainly help it?
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 17:08:33
1 The subject question of my message is stated in the last paragraph.
2
3 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be> writes:
4
5 > Try to emerge x11-base/xorg-proto and x11-proto/scrnsaverproto
6 > simultaneously.
7
8 I just tried
9
10 > emerge --ask --verbose --update --oneshot x11-base/xorg-proto x11-proto/scrnsaverproto
11
12 and it didn't work:
13
14 > * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
15 > * installed at the same time on the same system.
16
17 > (x11-proto/scrnsaverproto-1.2.2-r1:0/0::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
18 > x11-proto/scrnsaverproto
19
20 > (x11-base/xorg-proto-2018.4:0/0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
21 > x11-base/xorg-proto
22
23 Note: I have a fairly nonstandard setup, and have not yet migrated from
24
25 > hardened/linux/amd64 (stable)
29 > default/linux/amd64/17.x/hardened (stable for x=0, exp for x=1)
30
31 but despite having a specific setup, I seem to have the same issues as
32 OP.
33
34 Can you (or anyone reading this) confirm from first-hand experience that
35 unmerging xorg-server would help? It won't be a problem for me as long
36 as it is certain that I'll have xorg-server back by tomorrow and would
37 not, say, find out that due to some interesting turn of events I'm going
38 to spend an indefinite amount of time in console. Note: I'd rather not
39 mess with binary packages, either.