From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: problem reading zip files
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 15:31:12
1 On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:45 AM, Doug O'Neal<oneal@××××××××.edu> wrote:
2 > On 06/25/2009 09:51 AM, Arttu V. wrote:
3 >> On 6/25/09, Doug ONeal <oneal@××××××××.edu> wrote:
4 >>> I am guessing that all of the data is actually present in the zip
5 >>> archives but I cannot get to it. Trying
6 >>> version 3.0 of info-zip or any of the other linux & windows unzip
7 >>> programs has not been successful
8 >>> in extracting any of the later files in the archives. I'm at a loss;
9 >>> does anybody have suggestions on
10 >>> how to retrieve this data? Thanks.
11 >>
12 >> Does "any of the other unzip programs" here contain java's jar as well?
15 > No, I didn't think of trying jar. The process is somewhat slow but I
16 > have extracted files from a 58GB archive well past the 4GB limit
17 > and that unzip wouldn't touch. jar has taken 25 minutes to extract
18 > 16GB of data so it may be a while before the process completes but
19 > it looks like this is a solution. Thanks.
20
21 It seems you've already solved your problem, but I'm curious to know
22 if you tried 7-Zip. It is usually able to deal with just about
23 anything.