From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Question about items on the main menu
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 20:25:12
1 On Thu, 2008-05-01 at 22:00 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:
2 > 2008/5/1 Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>:
3 > > In gnome-2.20.3, how would I find out what Main
4 > > Menu->System->Administration->Printing tries to run? And where would
5 > > errors from attempting to run it be dumped to? When I run it, it fails
6 > > silently.
7 >
8 > You can try to find out which desktop file belongs to this entry. They
9 > are usually in /usr/share/applications. The exec key shows you which
10 > program is executed. You can run it from the command line to see which
11 > error happens!
12 >
13 > Regards,
14 >
15 > Daniel
16
17 I looked it up and found the file. The Exec line was
18 gnome-cups-manager. Should gnome-cups-manager have some visible GUI,
19 because it doesn't. When I run it at the terminal prompt, it just gives
20 me a blinking cursor until I Cntrl+C it...
23 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list