From: Peter Wood <p2wood@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] How to boot into single user mode
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 14:58:51
1 Hi all,
2 I have a kernel generated with genkernel and do need the initramfs
3 because I am using lvm and luks. Now I am trying to create a second
4 entry in grub.conf that lets me boot into single user mode in an emergency.
5 Of course, adding 1 or single on the kernel line does not work together
6 with an initrd.
7 I followed the advise in the gentoo wiki on booting into single user
8 mode and added:
9 real_init 1
10 to the kernel line in grub.conf.
11 This however lets my kernel panic on boot.
12 Error: switch_root Bad init '1'
13 Attempt to kill init. Kernel Panic
14 I tried sustituting real_init 1 with real_init single and real_init S1,
15 but get the same result.
16 Does anyone now what I am doing wrong?
17 Peter
18 --
19 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list