From: Martins Steinbergs <mar@××.lv>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] LTSP server requirements
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 12:42:53
1 hi,
2
3 I'm considering to setup LTSP server with one terminal (old IBM Pentium 200Mh
4 RAM32) attached. If i get from windows box one specific dos application and
5 all data run under dosbox I'll go for LTSP unless there should be expensive
6 hardware upgrades on server what I'm googling around cant find or info is
7 sort of outdated. Terminal will launch dosbox, whatever browser to access
8 bank, OO and some solitare. Server then should be this AMD Athlon 64 / 3200
9 with 512 RAM, two 30GB and 180GB Maxtor 7,2K rpm ATA drives, 1,2GB swap. Is
10 this enough for one terminal with server still runing desktop. Somewhere
11 heard that each terminal takes 100MB RAM, is it true? What else I should take
12 in account?
15 martins
16 --
17 Linux 2.6.15-rc2 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
18 13:30:19 up 51 min, 3 users, load average: 1.12, 1.07, 0.74