From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel ricing
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 17:54:55
1 Tanstaafl <tanstaafl <at> libertytrek.org> writes:
4 > On 2013-10-24 1:03 PM, Bruce Hill <daddy <at> happypenguincomputers.com>
5 wrote:
6 > > I'm not positive of it's architecture, but for 20 months I had a Samsung
7 > > Galaxy S running Android. This was by far the biggest POS I ever owned. From
8 > > the first week it spontaneously rebooted, hung, and the performance was
9 > > horrible when it did run.
10 > >
11 > > I've since switched to an iPhone 4S, now running iOS 7.0.2. It Just
12 Works (TM)
13 >
14 > Oh, please, spare me the ridiculous apple fanboi crap-crud.
15 >
16 > Just because you got a phone that was bad, and didn't bother to get it
17 > replaced, doesn't make all Galaxy S4 phones as bad as yours.
18 >
19 > I'll tell you this, my Nexus 4 is absolutely rock-solid, and screaming
20 > fast, but that doesn't mean iPhones suck.
23 Or does it? Look at what one of my favorite Aussie's [1]
24 has done for Android [2]. Got that on your iphome?
25
26 Plain truth. Apple sucks, and ripped off the MACH kernel
27 and passed on that work as their own, some decades ago.
28 Please don't hold apple up to me, as anything but a ripoff
29 of open source, much like the idiots in Redmond......
30
31 Still, my kids all use iphones, so who cares what any
32 one (idiot) consumer does. They piss away money in the
33 apps stores all the time.....
34
35 I have hundreds of friends that design new chips, and some that build Rf
36 devices for things that travel beyond Mach 7..... I know what I'm talking
37 about with ARM. So stick to (technical) facts, not consumerisms.....
40 hth,
41 James
44 [1] http://www.coker.com.au/projects.html
45