From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Hardware Problems causing kernel panics during large compiles
Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2012 21:56:04
1 On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:22 PM, Jason Weisberger <jbdubbs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Yeah, it never occurred to me that even when i was in console compiling
3 > stuff that i was using a 1280x1024 vesa or nouveau framebuffer each time.
4 > That will be first thing when i get home.
7 Good luck with that. Also, remove any other old cards ala Michael's
8 comment about an old NIC. I've had the same thing happen here when
9 some old card that worked in every old machine I'd ever owned suddenly
10 caused problems in a new box.
11
12 Hope things improve.
13