From: "Patrick Börjesson" <psycho@××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Stop and continue emerge -e world
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 00:06:23
1 On 2006-03-14 23:39, Petr Uzel uttered these thoughts:
2 > Hello everybody!
3 > I'm currently running emerge -e world because of gcc upgrade. I would
4 > appreciate if I can stop this emerge and continue tomorrow from where it was
5 > stopped.
6 >
7 > I have two questions:
8 >
9 > 1) Is there any possibility to stop and later continue (after reboot) emerge
10 > -e world without compiling every package again?
11 >
12 > 2) If I do this, will be the system usable after reboot? (some of packages
13 > compiled with gcc-3.3.6 and other with gcc-3.4.5)
14
15 Actually, the faster way would be to use revdep-rebuild instead of
16 emerge -e world (isn't this mensioned in the upgrade guide for gcc?). If
17 you still have gcc-3.3.6 installed on your system, you won't have a
18 problem from rebooting (as far as I know).
19
20 Regards,
21 Patrick Börjesson
24 / () The ASCII Ribbon Campaign - against HTML Email
25 \ /\ and proprietary formats.