From: Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] File manager via Web Browser
Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 04:06:32
1 On Tue, 4 Jul 2006 15:58:16 -0300
2 Leandro Melo de Sales wrote:
3
4 > Hi list,
5 >
6 > Does someone can tell me a good tool to install on my server which
7 > permit a user (local user) to manager him file via a web browser? Such
8 > as remove, create, upload and so on. I don't want to give ssh access
9 > to all users, just the basic operations over their files.
10 >
11 > Thank you,
12 >
13 > Leandro
14
15 Install ssh on the server (I guess it already is!) and then access it
16 with konqueror via either the fish or sftp kio_plugins.
17
18 eg to access machine server.mydom.net with user leo yiu type:
19
20 fish://leo@××××××××××××.net or
21 sftp://leo@××××××××××××.net
22
23 in the address bar of konqueror, you will be prompted for a password.
27 Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list