From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Daylight savings time
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 03:56:00
1 Albert Hopkins <marduk <at> letterboxes.org> writes:
4 > /etc/init.d/clock is run pretty early in the init process; before all
5 > filesystems in /etc/fstab are mounted. If /usr/share/zoneinfo is on a
6 > filesystem that is not mounted when /etc/init.d/clock is run then it
7 > will fail and ugly things will happen. Therefore it's suggested what
8 > instead of a symlink /etc/localtime should be a physical file on the
9 > (root) filesystem.
10
11 OK,
12
13 I I re-emerge 'timezone-data' and just wait until spring to see if there
14 is a problem?
17 James
23 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list