From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Automatic email deletion
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 03:25:26
1 On 23 Mar 2008, at 22:10, Grant wrote:
2
3 >>> Can anyone tell me how my old email is most likely being
4 >>> deleted? I'm
5 >>> using courier-imap and postfix. I'd like to keep the old stuff for
6 >>> longer than 2 weeks, but I'm not sure where to specify this.
7 >>>
8 >>
9 >> Courier-imap NEVER deletes mail in my experience. That is the whole
10 >> point of IMAP. Mail is only deleted by the email client. ;)
13 > So claws-mail is automatically deleting old messages in the Trash
14 > folder? I don't see a config option anywhere.
15
16 You didn't state _in the trash_ folder in your previous message.
17 (I guessed, tho'! :P Looks like the other respondents didn't!)
18
19 $ sudo grep -i trash /etc/courier-imap/imapd
20 ##NAME: IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME:0
21 # The name of the magic trash Folder. For MSOE compatibility,
22 # you can set IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME="Deleted Items".
23 # IMPORTANT: If you change this, you must also change
24 IMAP_EMPTYTRASH
25 IMAP_TRASHFOLDERNAME=Trash
26 ##NAME: IMAP_EMPTYTRASH:0
27 # IMAP_EMPTYTRASH is a comma-separated list of folder:days. The
28 default
29 # setting, below, purges 7 day old messages from the Trash folder.
30 # IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7,Sent:30
31 # as shown by ls). It is perfectly ordinary to see stuff in Trash
32 that's
33 # changed when the file is moved to the Trash folder (and at other
34 times too).
35 #IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:7
36 IMAP_EMPTYTRASH=Trash:14,Junk.Possible:14
37 ##NAME: IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH:0
38 # Set IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH to move expunged messages to
39 Trash. This
40 # mail from trash. Trash can be manually expunged as usually, and
41 mail
42 # will get automatically expunged from Trash according to
43 IMAP_EMPTYTRASH.
44 IMAP_MOVE_EXPUNGE_TO_TRASH=0
45 $
46