From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SSD partitioning and migration
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 23:39:57
1 luis jure wrote:
2 > on 2013-07-19 at 18:03 Dale wrote:
3 >
4 >> Mine is mostly videos and some smaller amount of pics. 1 Tb is 125Gb?
5 >> 1Tb is 1,000Gb or so.
6 > hehe... i guess neil meant that in average for each Tb you have in your
7 > disk, only 125Mb is really important or useful. the rest is crap that just
8 > piles up...
12 Ahh, that makes sense. Thing is, I can't get rid of family photos or my
13 videos. Nope, just ain't happening.
14
15 Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
16 2.7T 1.2T 1.6T 43% /home
17
18 I think first, I'm going to get another 3 or 4Tb drive to back up what I
19 got. ;-) Then I can get a SSD unless I see another really good sale.
20
21 I think I could get my OS on a 30Gb SSD with no problem and plenty of
22 breathing room.
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how you interpreted my words!