From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Wine complains about Gecko
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:32:23
1 On 09/07/2010 06:48 AM, Ajai Khattri wrote:
2 > On Tue, 7 Sep 2010, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >> When I try to launch a Windows program in Wine (1.3.2), an error
5 >> dialog appears informing me that Gecko is not installed and the
6 >> program might not work (which it doesn't). It has an "install" button
7 >> there, but mentions that it would be better if the distro, Gentoo in
8 >> this case, would offer it and install it from there.
9 >>
10 >> I can't find any such package in portage though. "eix gecko" only
11 >> finds dev-dotnet/gecko-sharp and www-plugins/gecko-mediaplayer.
12 >
13 > Gecko is part of Firefox.
14 >
15 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gecko_(layout_engine)
16
17 Firefox is my main browser, so it's always installed.