From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT - Making A News Server
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:39:46
1 My ISP's news server (news.cableone.net) does not allow posting. I
2 wanted to set up my own news server so that I could both get nntp/news
3 data and post to newsgroups. I found a howto at www.tldp.org and have
4 been following it. The howto said to open leafnode/config (I copied
5 mine frim /etc/leafnode/config.example to /etc/leafnode/config) and set
6 the server variable to be equal to my ISP's news server. Herein lies my
7 problem. The comment in the file above the server variable assignment
8 is:
9
10 ## This is the NNTP server leafnode fetches its news from.
11 ## You need read and post access to it. Mandatory.
14 I don't have post access to news.cableone.net - That's why I'm doing
15 this. Is there a way around this, or can anyone make suggestions for
16 setting up a news server that can both read and post to Usenet groups?
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list