From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Xorg-server and my mouse
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 12:31:14
1 Jacques Montier wrote:
2 > Dale a gentiment tapote:
3 >
4 >> Hi folks,
5 >>
6 >> I'm not near as "upset" as I was a little while ago. I ran my updates
7 >> and then took a nap while it was compiling. I woke up and they were
8 >> done. Did my etc-update and went to log into KDE. No keyboard. No
9 >> mouse. No nothing. I knew the new xorg-server update was going to make
10 >> me change a few things but I thought I would be ABLE to change the
11 >> thing. I had to unplug the computer then add softlevel=boot to get to
12 >> where I could even fix the stupid thing.
13 >>
14 >> I'm back down to my old xorg-server-1.3* but now my mouse wheel don't
15 >> work. Did this thing blow up my rat? How do i get my mouse wheel to
16 >> work again?
17 >>
18 >> While I was trying to recover and reading, it appears I have to update
19 >> my kernel for this thing to work. Something I can't do because the
20 >> latest greatest kernel don't like my rig for some reason. I posted it
21 >> on here somewhere a while back. Something to the effect that it is
22 >> pissed at my IDE chipset. Looks like the new xorg-server is going to be
23 >> masked for a while.
24 >>
25 >> I may have a few more questions before this mess is over. Right now,
26 >> I'm going to go eat some ice cubes.
27 >>
28 >> Dale
29 >>
30 >> :-) :-)
37 > Hi all,
38 >
39 > Did you select the kernel option :
40 > Device Drivers -> Input Device Support -> * Event interface ?
41 >
42 > --
43 > Jacques
50 Nope. I saw that message AFTER the upgrade. Great timing on that
51 message. I was in console trying to get it so my keyboard would work
52 again and read that.
53
54 I think I mentioned that my kernel has a little age on it. The latest
55 kernel doesn't like my IDE chipset so it wouldn't boot and then there
56 were other issues too.
57
58 I'll get my hammer out and beat on this in a day or so. I'm just
59 frustrated at the moment. I think this needed a little more ironing out
60 before going stable but maybe it is just me.
61
62 Dale
63