From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: games-fps without blood
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 08:51:45
1 On 3 Feb 2009, at 03:39, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 03 February 2009 06:24:40 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> Difficult to find an FPS without violence. Even in Consoles and MS
4 >> Windows. Why? FPS = First Person *Shooter*. Shooter = guns and
5 >> kills ;)
6
7 You're making me wish for a FPS in which Tux the penguin throws
8 snowballs at BSD gremlins.
9
10 > Ups.. He-he... :-) I have thought it is "frame per second" - is
11 > related to "3D
12 > reality reconstruction", where GL, *fps* and such are needed, used,
13 > told
14 > about. Fine! Probably there are not-FPS :-) beauty ("rich 3D") games
15 > for
16 > little boy, are not they?
17
18 I would like to second Tux Racer, which has already been mentioned.
19
20 If it's *games* you're after then secondhand Gamecubes are very cheap
21 around here these days, as are disks for them, many of which are very
22 friendly indeed to younger kids. Think of Mario Brothers, Harvest Moon
23 and other such colourful worlds.
24
25 But as a responsible parent you probably hope that games on the
26 computer will lead to more serious uses of the PC. ;|
27
28 Stroller.