From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge amazonmp3 fails
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:38:22
1 On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 04:30:03PM -0400, Penguin Lover Douglas J Hunley squawked:
2 > When trying to emerge amazonmp3, I'm getting a failure on the 'boost'
3 > dependency. Any ideas? I believe I've attached everything relevant to the
4 > build, if not, pls let me know what else is needed.
5
6 For future reference, it'd be nice if you trimmed the build log a
7 little bit.
8
9 In any case, you are running K8, and on B.G.O. there are some
10 suggestions that the stable version of boost does not play well with
11 newer versions of GCC on 64bit systems. A suggested workaround is to
12 unmask >=boost 1.36 and install that.
13
14 Then again, this is total heresay on my part, so it may very well not
15 work.
16
17 Best of luck,
18 W
19 --
20 "This is a physics circus. Its like, 'Look at all this crazy shit we can do.'"
21 ~DeathMech, Some Student. P-town PHY 205
22 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 824 days, 21:20