From: Hans-Werner Hilse <hilse@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Can anyone tell me where I've loused-up this apache config?
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 14:54:52
1 Hi,
2
3 On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 15:06:33 +0100
4 "Steve [Gentoo]" <gentoo_steve@×××××××.uk> wrote:
5
6 > I have a working vhost configuration for several domains in apache2
7 > (latest stable from portage - 2.0.58) and I want to support not only
8 > http services, but, for one domain name at least, I want to support an
9 > https service.
10
11 Important note here: There is _no_ name based virtual hosts when using
12 SSL. That's simply due to that the SSL layer kicks in first, HTTP is
13 staged after that. So "NameVirtualHost *:443" does not make sense. Note
14 that name based vhosts are a feature of HTTP (1.1). It analyzes the
15 "Hostname" header in the Http request. Obviously, this is not possible
16 to archive if an SSL connection should be established first. So
17 basically that means you can only have one SSL server per IP. Just
18 switch to fixed IP configuration instead (for SSL).
19
20 -hwh
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list