From: Steve Brenneis <sbrenneis@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Xorg and static libraries
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 10:37:59
1 I had problems with Xorg 6.8.2 and a duplicate symbol in libbitmap.a.
2 This was a well-known problem and the two most popular fixes seemed to
3 be to switch gcc to the non-hardened version or to rebuild Xorg with the
4 "static" use flag. I chose the latter and all was well.
5
6 Now that the Xorg ebuild has been modularized, the problem is back. Now
7 I have a dilemma. I tried building every package in x11-lib with the
8 "static" USE flag, but no joy was to be had. I resorted to non-hardened
9 gcc and rebuilt the whole thing, still no joy.
10
11 Any ideas? I have three other Gentoo systems, but I'm not upgrading X
12 until I understand what is going on here. I'd greatly prefer not to have
13 to resort to XFree86.
14
15 Thanks
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list