From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OpenRC: Need to start net.eth1 and ntp-client by hand
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 03:37:47
1 meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > after upgradeing to openrc there still some issues...
6 >
7 > 1) After reboot eth1 (there was/is no eth0!) is up and
8 > running (according to ifconfig) but
9 >
10 > ping <site>
11 >
12 > returns "unknown host". After calling /etc/init.d/net.eth1
13 > (which is a symlink to /etc/net.lo) as root by hand again
14 > the ping comand works
15 >
16 > How can I make this working at boot time?
17 >
18 > 2) /etc/ntp-client gets not called at boot time. Calling
19 > it by hand as root afterwards reveals no errors and
20 > all works find.
21 >
22 > How can I make this working at boot time,too?
23 >
24 > Thank you for your help in advance!
25
26 I will ask the obvious -- do you have those two in either boot or
27 default run level?
30 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
31 How do
32 you spend it?
33
34 John Covici