From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rkhunter reports xorddos component
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 19:07:39
1 190227 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 15:07:35 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 >> I checked on a non-gentoo systemd based distro and this file is not there.
4 >> It seems it is related to sys-fs/udev-init-scripts.
5 > Indeed, I am getting this warning on one openrc machine
6 > and none of the systemd ones. Another openrc system does not have it,
7 > but that has not been rebooted since updating sys-fs/udev-init-scripts.
8
9 On my Openrc system, I have /run/udev.pid ,
10 which contains the PID of /sbin/udev.d , started at the latest reboot.
11 My machine is a simple home desktop, unlikely to be subverted somehow.
12 As someone suggested, Rkhunter is probably tested only on Systemd machines.
16 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
17 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
18 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca